- Prevent gentrification of working class neighborhoods and increase support for quality affordable housing for lower income residents.
- Promote economic opportunities - more jobs, better job training.
- Address racial disparities in our schools, criminal justice system, health care and elsewhere.
- Defend the human rights of vulnerable minorities.
- Create a "Green Charlottesville" - enhance public transportation.
- Demand more government accountability to the public by city officials to improve the quality of our local democracy.
Status Quo is not good enough.
We must do better. Together we will!
EPIC STEERING COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
Toni Barskille; Ann Benner; Connor Campbell; Nancy Carpenter; Brandon Collins; Emily Dreyfus; Holly Edwards (in memoriam); Toni Eubanks; Jeff Fogel; Dede Gilmore; Melvin Grady; Marshall Hanbury; Walt Heinecke; Joy Johnson; Peter Kleeman; Brenda Lambert; Nic McCarthy; Audrey Oliver; Michael Payne; Lena Seville; Jim Shea; Matthew Slaats; Dede Smith; Rick Turner; and Tim Wilson.